Read the FAQ but still having problems? Check our "Known Issues" section here
You can also post a question to other users on the support forum here
- Can I run CSC on my laptop?
- What Sound Card do I need to use with CSC?
- What licensing options are availble to me?
- Is it possible to transfer shows between computers with CSC?
- Can I remote control CSC?
- What sort of Audio Files can CSC Play?
- I have an old machine - Do I have to have Windows XP to run CSC?
- My Hotscene keyboard shortcuts dont always work. Whats wrong?
- Windows Vista/7?
We are continually developing this software, and as its range of applications is so extensive it is impossible to test it in every scenario. Whilst we try our best to resolve any problems before a release, if you do find a bug please report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating exactly which version of the software you are using.
- Pan Positions jumping during show running. If the WavMixer and WavPlayer are simultaneously open it has been found that sending an empty cue - i.e. no "Play", "Stop" or "Fade" command entered, the currently selected player in the WavPlayer window can reset its Pan position to centre. This has been fixed in 2.4.
Suggested Workaround:Either close the WavMixer window during playback or set the WavPlayer window to an unused Player, ie. 16.
- Error is generated when Program Change previewed. If a program change event is previewd from the MIDI Control Window on the "mixer" channel using Bank Change Control before any MIDI data is added to cuelist, a module error message is generated.
Suggested Workaround: Have at least one piece of MIDI data stored before previewing events.
- CD Player. If left open can use up memory when no CD is inserted in drive.
Suggested Workaround: Ensure CD in drive or close CD module.
- Anti-Virus Software. Certain types of anti-virus software are stopping effective streaming by scanning wave file chunks everytime they are collected from disk. This results in stuttering playback or repeated sections of audio.
Suggested Workaround: It is recommended that any machine used for audio playback has anti-virus software removed or disabled and this machine is not connected to the internet. if antivirus is essential then ensure a lower file scan level.
- Hibernation. Hiberating a machine with CSC running then releasing from Hibernation seems to corrupt audio playback, and files jump the first few seconds.
Suggested Workaround: Fully close and reopen CSC after any hibernation.
- Gameport Unconnected: Some soundcard drivers create a problem by trying to scan the Joystick port when there is no joystick present and it causes the audio to stutter quite dramatically during playback.
Suggested Workaround: Disable Gameport Control when no controller is connected.